Refurb Supplies shares some important information about phone replacement batteries.
BATTERY CARE TIPS
- Your cordless battery will come in a discharged state. It must be charged before use! (Refer to your phone user manual for charging instructions.)
- The battery may require three or four charging/discharging cycles to reach the full capacity.
- When charging the battery for the first time, the charger may indicate that the charging is complete after 10 - 15 minutes. This is normal. Remove the battery from the charger, reinsert it and repeat the charging procedure.
- It is important to condition, fully charge and then discharge, your cordless phone battery every two to three weeks. (Ni-Cd batteries and to a much lesser extent, Ni-MH batteries require conditioning but, Li-Ion batteries do not require conditioning). If you do not do this, your battery will develop "memory". This means that if you repeatedly charge your phone before it has completely used all of the charge, it will eventually forget that it has more capacity and will only charge to that remembered capacity.
- It is normal for the battery (and phone) to become warm during the charging and discharging process.
- To maintain a good connection between the battery and the phone, clean dirty contacts with a cotton swab and alcohol.
- The lifespan of a rechargeable battery operating under normal conditions is generally between one and a half to three years of battery life for the average user.
Cordless Handset Battery Warranty
Cordless handset batteries are warranted against defects in material and workmanship for a period of 90 days from your purchase date. This warranty does not cover damage to the product due to accident, misuse or abuse.
If for some reason one of our batteries does not perform to standards, we will gladly replace it for you. Please remember to have the 11 digit numeric code from the white barcode label on the battery available.
We can not honor any warranty on a battery with a damaged or missing warranty barcode label. Credit can not be given on any battery returned with a label that shows signs of tampering.